High build, fast drying, anti-corrosive primer for steel. Contains zinc phosphate, corrosion – inhibiting pigment.
- Coverage - 6sq metres per litre at 75 microns dry film thickness.
- Drying Time @ 20°C - Touch Dry in 30 minutes. Dry to handle in 2-4 hours.
- Re-coating - Red Oxide Primer can normally be recoated at any time after they are tough dry. However recoating times will vary according to ambient temperature, film thickness and relative humidity. We therefore recommend you always so a small test patch before over- coating. Do not apply at temperature below 5°C Application.
- Conventional Spray – Thin up to 20% with BT1 thinner. Tip size 1.4mm – 2.0mm. Atomizing pressure 40-60 psi
- Airless Spray – Thin up to 5% with BT1 thinner. Tip size 0.38mm – 0.48mm - Atomising pressure 2000 psi
- Roller – Use as supplied.
- Brush – For small areas only
- Surface Preparation
- Steel Blast cleaned to ISO SA2. Steel without mill scale.
- Power-tool cleaned to minimum ISO- St2 Thinner - BT1 (thinning) BT2 (cleaning) VOC (supplied) - 500-550 grams per litre
- Flashpoint - 23°C
- Shelf Life - 12 months from date of manufacture in sealed containers. Store in a cool, dry place with temperatures between 5-30°C and in accordance with the Highly Flammable Liquids and Liquefied Petroleum Gasses Regulations 1972
- Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames and hot surfaces
- DO NOT SMOKE in the vicinity
- Use explosion-proof electrical equipment
- Do not breath vapours
- IF ON SKIN OR HAIR, remove/take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water
- IF INHALED, remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing
- IF SWALLOWED, immediately call a doctor or physician
- Do NOT induce vomiting
- Store in a well-ventilated place and keep cool
- Dispose of contents and container in a hazardous waste bin